dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic Hunting Club, Who's In?

Yes, I know starting a club isn't easy; however we do need places to hunt, the local land we live on and family land just isn't cutting it anymore. I've teamed up with Roadquest and we are starting a relic hunting club, each member is required to pay $20 each for a year. We will have bylaws and ethics outside of the standard ones, all members will be required to sign a waiver that you understand what you can do and can't do on the provided land(s) we hunt on, land will be reserved for members only. Anyone wanting to help start and run this club or have questions PM me or Roadquest. Because the size of the club can get too big, charters can be set up for larger counties, although you will have a charter you will still be part of the main club, and club name. This club is being put together so we can go out and have fun and preserve the heritage of the hobby.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Relic Hunting Club, Who's In?

I am sure I can be in. Sorry to see I missed a post from you awhile back,, by all means I could use some detector buddies.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dtpost said:
Yes, I know starting a club isn't easy; however we do need places to hunt, the local land we live on and family land just isn't cutting it anymore. I've teamed up with Roadquest and we are starting a relic hunting club, each member is required to pay $20 each for a year. We will have bylaws and ethics outside of the standard ones, all members will be required to sign a waiver that you understand what you can do and can't do on the provided land(s) we hunt on, land will be reserved for members only. Anyone wanting to help start and run this club or have questions PM me or Roadquest. Because the size of the club can get too big, charters can be set up for larger counties, although you will have a charter you will still be part of the main club, and club name. This club is being put together so we can go out and have fun and preserve the heritage of the hobby.
So far we have 13 members and moving forward with land leases :headbang:

Mississippi

Aug 22, 2005
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Safari, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Were are you going to be meeting at?

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites MxSport Teknetics T2 SE Nautilus 2 b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can count me in. Where would we be meeting? I'm in Hanover Co. Thanks.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So dtpost, looks like a few people are interested. Do you think Chester is close to center?,, you fellas know Va best.

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Okay, where is the club going to be located? I live in the Hampton Roads area and I do hunt in Richmond/Petersburg area and would be interest in more areas to hunt and meet new friends in the hobby. Thanks! [email protected]

Wes

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Any info yet on the club? Full....still seeking....meeting place....etc? Thanks.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hanoverdigger said:
Any info yet on the club? Full....still seeking....meeting place....etc? Thanks.
Not Full...... Meeting place..(YES)..... and we will have charters if one club does fill up in an area. T-Shirts are being designed and land leases are being drawn up. This club isn't just ran by one person, a (10) member committee votes on everything in the club. If charters are started they will have the same paper work, shirts, club name, and you must have 15 members to start a charter. Hope this brings you guys up to speed!!!!

Troyounce

Nov 18, 2003
Clyde,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
GP3000
TESORO LOBO
GARRETT GTI 2500 + Eagle eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't wait! Come on spring thaw!!

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Troyounce said:
Can't wait! Come on spring thaw!!
did some detecting today in Glen Allen, found some old stuff but no coins. Going back in a few weekends with two more detectors........................ :headbang:

TomB

Nov 16, 2007
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220 and Minelab X-Terra-70

TomB and Smitty, from southwest Virginia, are supporting this relic hunting club.
Looking forward to meeting other members. :hello2:HH TomB

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TomB said:
TomB and Smitty, from southwest Virginia, are supporting this relic hunting club.
Looking forward to meeting other members. :hello2:HH TomB
Hey TomB good to hear from you, hope all is well, have a new spot on a leased property that we are going hunt real soon, just checking on some things first. There was a battle there and it sounds like good spot to find some cannon balls and bullets. Be sure to bring Smitty with you on this one, he'll have a blast out there. The location isn't far from the Battle of Petersburg, Va and right around the corner from the entrenchments. Would be nice to see Smitty with a big smile on his face when he finds something, since he hasn't been out to find anything yet- I'm going to make sure he gets something to post on here!!! :headbang: :icon_thumright:

FranklinRad

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2011

This sounds interesting. I love hunting around old coal mining towns for scrip and such.

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II

Man I wish I was closer to you I would be all over this.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MercMan said:
Man I wish I was closer to you I would be all over this.
We have some that are in Ohio!!! :headbang:

micprec

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro

i saw you had some in ohio, how a bout indiana. i would be very interested in joining up. thanks.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

Are you still taking new members. I would be very interested. You can pm me if you like. :thumbsup:

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I went to a meeting a few months back and no one showed up. Was also invited by dtpost to go detecting near Pamplin Park....haven't heard a thing concerning either one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions