Red Cross Relic Area NC

Feb 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend and I own a bunch of land right there less then half mile away from new salem on providence church road I actually just started metal detecting it yesterday found a bullet thats been shot but looks newer and I found a old style axe not sure how old I was only out there for an hour trying to get use to this new detector but ill be letting y'all know if I find something good

Larry336

Sep 27, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Max - Primary
Ace 350 - Back up
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Matt and I have been detecting around the area and haven't found anything as of yet.

FREEBORN73

Jan 21, 2022
Did you ever get to hunt this property? I would love to know who owns it now. I'm just a stones throw away, may e half a mile. I find 3 ringers and buttons on my property, hoping for more.
The location is in fact at the bethel church on new salem rd. I was able to speak to the land owner. He confirmed all the stories. He's also agreed to let me hunt this area this fall.
D love to k ow who owns this now

Larry336

Sep 27, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Max - Primary
Ace 350 - Back up
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found a few bullets.. thats about it. shoot me a message... i need a hunting partner lol

LSX

Apr 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Itā€™s awesome to see that this thread has been revived. I honestly registered for this forum back in 2019 just to monitor this thread from time to time! Iā€™ve known of the Red Cross encampment for some time. If Iā€™m not mistakenā€¦ some where in the general vicinity of the county is where a soldier or two were hit by lightning during a nasty storm.

Iā€™m just down the road in Archdaleā€¦. Unfortunately Iā€™m from VA and do all of my detecting in either central VA or SC so I donā€™t have any permissions in the area. Iā€™ve studied the area for years though and have a fair idea of where the old wagon roads and river crossings were. Iā€™m always fantasizing about what sort of goodies lay just beneath the surface when I ride out 62 and Groometown.

I just havenā€™t grown a pair and started door knocking šŸ˜‚. All of my friends live in neighborhoods so no easy permissions there.

Larry336

Sep 27, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Max - Primary
Ace 350 - Back up
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Itā€™s awesome to see that this thread has been revived. I honestly registered for this forum back in 2019 just to monitor this thread from time to time! Iā€™ve known of the Red Cross encampment for some time. If Iā€™m not mistakenā€¦ some where in the general vicinity of the county is where a soldier or two were hit by lightning during a nasty storm.

Iā€™m just down the road in Archdaleā€¦. Unfortunately Iā€™m from VA and do all of my detecting in either central VA or SC so I donā€™t have any permissions in the area. Iā€™ve studied the area for years though and have a fair idea of where the old wagon roads and river crossings were. Iā€™m always fantasizing about what sort of goodies lay just beneath the surface when I ride out 62 and Groometown.

I just havenā€™t grown a pair and started door knocking šŸ˜‚. All of my friends live in neighborhoods so no easy permissions there.
yes sir, ive actually been kinda taking care of the monument where the soldier you referencing was struck by lightning.

Reactions: LSX

LSX

Apr 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir, ive actually been kinda taking care of the monument where the soldier you referencing was struck by lightning.
Thatā€™s phenomenal! Glad to see confirmation of entries I come across while browsing letters and accounts from that era.

Larry336

Sep 27, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Max - Primary
Ace 350 - Back up
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatā€™s phenomenal! Glad to see confirmation of entries I come across while browsing letters and accounts from that era.
20210912_095055.jpg

Reactions: LSX

DrJ314

Greenie
Feb 3, 2023
I'm in Durham County, NC and would absolutely be interested in pursuing this site for detecting if there is anyone out there still monitoring this thread (Looks like its been 9 months or so since anyone has posted in it). Let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread