Lookin for an experienced metal detector or club around charleston

Collers9640

Nov 21, 2011
Pennsylvania/South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi i was hoping to find someone or a group around charleston sc that hunts relics. Im into the revolutionary war but have no clue where to go and dont know anyone with property to hunt on. I scared to put a shovel in the ground around here. Im military and have been here to long so my knowledge of area is limited.
If someone would be willing to let me tag along or hook me up with some people or ever point me in the right direction it would be greatly appricated.
Thanks Matt

Navy Dude

Nov 2, 2011
Lutz Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,
When I was station on te USS Carr there was a place downtown called "Moultrie Tavern" they had a bunch of relics for sale. I would go pay them a visit. That is a cool area to spend a saturday walking around if history is your gig.

Mike

DarkwaterDiver

Jul 31, 2011
Moncks Corner, SC.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon land and Fisher, 1280x water
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt: There's a group in Summerville called the Low Country Metal Detecting Club and there is also one in Goose Creek but I don't know there name, They can both be found on internet. Anyway hope this helps.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt.I'm heading your way this weekend to do a paid hunt with my club here. The guy that put together the hunt is from your area. I have one of his flyers. I'll be glad to send you his number if you want it. I'm sure that he knows the contact info. for clubs there. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you. HH

OP
OP
C

Collers9640

Nov 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
Matt.I'm heading your way this weekend to do a paid hunt with my club here. The guy that put together the hunt is from your area. I have one of his flyers. I'll be glad to send you his number if you want it. I'm sure that he knows the contact info. for clubs there. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you. HH

Is it a planted hunt or just on good hunting property?

OP
OP
C

Collers9640

Nov 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DarkwaterDiver said:
Matt: There's a group in Summerville called the Low Country Metal Detecting Club and there is also one in Goose Creek but I don't know there name, They can both be found on internet. Anyway hope this helps.

Thanks

OP
OP
C

Collers9640

Nov 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Navy Dude said:
Matt,
When I was station on te USS Carr there was a place downtown called "Moultrie Tavern" they had a bunch of relics for sale. I would go pay them a visit. That is a cool area to spend a saturday walking around if history is your gig.

Mike

I believe it's closed

OP
OP
C

Collers9640

Nov 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
s.c.shooter said:

Oops sorry I haven't been on this forum for a long time. Didn't realize that was a old message.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread