Ticks

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I don't know where you're at there, Chet, but around here the deer ticks will be coming out in force anytime soon. And they'll be very active through the winter until we get about 6 inches of snow on the ground or it stays below 30 degrees for a couple weeks. Even then, if there is a sunny side of a hill in the woods, they'll be on it. You must be talking about regular wood ticks. I don't worry about them. They're easy to see. It's those tiny little deer ticks that I hate. They're the ones that can give you that Lyme Disease.
Bob

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Here's a little info to help protect againist ticks and skeeters.I take 1200 mg of garlic everyday,haven't had a skeeter or tick on me in years.Get the odorless kind at wal-mart or anywhere they sell vitamins.Take everyday.And it's good for your heart..........Hope this helps. hh rh

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Just a note, a tic has to be in place 48 hrs. to contract Lyme disease. [so I've been told!]

neil

R

Rich

had a tick on me last week,had to go to the Doc's to have the darn thing removed.....big sucker also....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ticks are active year around here. Any time we have a 70s+day and sunshine they crawl out from beneath tree bark where the get away from the cold and look for victims. We have three kinds of ticks here, the ordinary dog tick, the seed tick and the deer tick. The deer tick is the one that carries Spotted Fever and Lymes disease. It's about the size of the head of a ten penny nail and has white markings on it back. Monty

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to spend days in the woods, lil trick i found. I would always lift my pants legs up fold them over and spray the inside of my pants and SOCKS then my belt line area including the shirt that was tucked inside then spray my hands and wipe my neckline down while they were still wet. Ended up with very few ticks on me, used deep woods off most the time.

Like the idea bout the garlic recken i ll have to try that.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty said:
Ticks are active year around here. Any time we have a 70s+day and sunshine they crawl out from beneath tree bark where the get away from the cold and look for victims.. Monty

I have had deer ticks on my jacket and pants when there has been 2 inches of snow on the ground!! They slow down a lot but they do not stop unless it is in the 20's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread