Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello fellow diggers-

My buddy Dave & I and another new "digger" were detecting yesterday at a site in the western part of Virginia that was a known Union encampment for almost the duration of the entire war. An although this site has been detected hard, no site is completely ever detected completely if you have a new machine. The last time I searched this area was in January 2009, I had at the time the Fisher "ID-Edge" which I thought was an OK/average detector and it served me well for a few years.

I purchased the Fisher (Now First Texas), F75-LTD in June 2009 and have been extremely please with my finds for the past 3 years. Going back to this site yesterday, I was wondering how I would do on a heavily detected site with a new machine. The F-75 did not disappoint me. My finds for the day:

5 dropped .44 calvary bullets
1 piece of camp lead
6 tent grommets
2 general service cuff buttons
2 cuff button backs

Although these are everyday common relic finds, what is uncommon is having a new machine that will sniff out the more highly sought after targets that we all seek, in areas that have long been hunted to death. HH...:happysmiley:

Best-

Wayne

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you had a great day, awesome finds!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread