Best hunting ground

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The library

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a look at HistoricAerials.com. Insert your town and see if they have an old view to compare to a newer photo.

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am actually in the same process as you for finding out local history, my local library has recently sold a lot of our older history records to the University. Have you tried your local town/city hall for the records, maps and old business layouts... Worth a try
HH

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Well I actually work for our county and their records are kinda vague as far as libraries go and as far as access to the court house not sure how much they would let me research. Have you found any good info, I bought some books just ain't had a chance to look due to work. I've hunted some but not as much as I would like, my job keeps me busy alot.

republicfireguy

Greenie
Aug 4, 2012
Republic, WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a lot if info on Google. I just had to vary my Google search a bit and turned up newspapers and govt. reports from as far back as 1890. For where I live that's pretty old, the area was a reservation til they found gold in the 1900-1910 time frame. Try using quotation marks around historic place names in your area, followed by the name of your county without quotes, then choose books on the left side of the Google results page.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would agree with RFG...Google is great starting point! Think outside the box a little with search terms and check out Google Advanced for boolean searching

NewsMan

Mar 25, 2011
Try the Midland Trail (RT. 60). A little research will show you a billion spots in that area. Particularly in the Big/Little Sewell area. Never hunted there myself, but have done enough research to know those would be good areas if you find a cooperating land owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread