Stone musketballs?

cthayerusmc

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2012
Canton, Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently found what we thought could be musketballs along a railroad track close to an old fort. Turns out they arent lead as the metal detector doesnt pick them up but they are very round with a redish tint and black inside when broke open. Found quite a few and trying to see if perhaps stone musketballs and if not, what they are

bblaha

Jul 25, 2012
Iv found the same thing in a creek in Cincinnati Ohio! I'm out of town but I'll post a picture when I get home. It's that same exact color too, mines shaped like a mini ball though And has scratch marks on the top like its been hand made

NewsMan

Mar 25, 2011
Recently found what we thought could be musketballs along a railroad track close to an old fort. Turns out they arent lead as the metal detector doesnt pick them up but they are very round with a redish tint and black inside when broke open. Found quite a few and trying to see if perhaps stone musketballs and if not, what they are

I lived along the tracks all my life and can tell you I have found these balls as well. I believe they are a by product of the train itself. Not sure how... guess I'll have to research it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions