To Excited To Sleep!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Way to go, Hambone! We'd all give our right arm for such an opportunity. Are you doing this by yourself? Is a friend or the old man helping you?

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
That's quite a job you've taken on Ham. It sounds like my place. So much iron all over the place that I just put down my MD and start diggin'. When you get a signal every two inches you might just as well turn it all over with a spade. Keep at it. You're bound to hit a sweet spot sooner or later. It's cool that you're uncovering walkways, and taking the time to dream about the people that walked them! It's gonna be all the sweeter when you start rollin' up some coins!~CO2

N

nicknyc

that is so ridiculously exciting. congratulations on finding such a great place!

i never realized how many ghost towns there were out there. i just came across a website that lists clost to 200 in Texas alone! That's NUTS!
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/tx/tx.html

Generally speaking, who owns them? are they mostly all protected historical sites?

D

Darod

That offer still stands if you want to put your pics on my Web Server. Just PM me and let me know. Or you can just email me directly at : [email protected]

Give us an update when you get a chance. :)

Rod

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

Thought you all might like to see some pics of the town that I have been working. Most of the pics were taken in the late 1800's. The first one is my son Justin standing by the only remains of the water well, the second is a trash pile that is 60' across at the base and 20' high. There are 3 pages of pics on the web site, so be sure and see them all. I do not have the pics of the finds ready yet but as I get time I will post them on this site as well. When you get to the page look on the left side and click on Photos.

http://groups.msn.com/TexasGhostTown/shoebox.msn

Thanks for all your support! Hambone

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Way cool man....I am sure that that the mags that follow these pages will want the story. KEEP great records..

Dave

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone!

Thought I would post today's finds from the ghost town. It was pretty slow today but I had a great time after all. The lock in the pic has Good Luck on it! So good luck to you all!

Hambone

Attachments

• good luck lock day 001 (Small).jpg
    good luck lock day 001 (Small).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 860
  • good luck lock day (Small).jpg
    good luck lock day (Small).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 886
  • good luck lock day 001 (Small).jpg
    good luck lock day 001 (Small).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 827
  • good luck lock day (Small).jpg
    good luck lock day (Small).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 827
D

Darod

Hey Hambone,

Send me those pics you want to host on my server. I'll upload them and send you the link for access.

Rod

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great finds Ham...

I/we are all still pulling for you. Looks like you found some old hand cuffs...those are retty cool. Any ideas on the bottles???

Dave

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rtde3 and Alwayslookin

The item that looks like handcuffs are actually what appear to be a pair of large eyeglasses, maybe these belonged to Big Bad John.

Hambone

OP
OP
H

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darod, I have been taking advantage of the nice weather in Texas and swinging all I could, I just haven't had time to send the pics to you. The weather has turned bad and it's raining now, I'll try to get the pics to you soon! I have downloaded some software that now allows me to resize the pics so I'll resize them before I email them.

Hamebone

S

SASQUASH

wow nice this is a ones in a life time dream chance for you. SASQUASH

J

Jim Cal

Man am I jealous! Thanks for posting the cool pictures and photos of some of the things you've found so far. Keep those pics coming. Good luck and good hunting. JC

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That place will keep you busy for years to come, awesome site! HH and keep posting the finds, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any up dates to share!? Any new finds, etc.!? Haven't heard nothing from you in a while on this fantastic place you've been granted permission to hunt! Let us know, keep us up dated!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir,

I look forward to seeing/hearing more about your adventure, and seeing the display before you send it to the museum!

Thanks for the up date!

HH

Lonewolfe

P.S.

Your personal message box is full! I tried to mail you back but it's not accepting any messages, may wanna dump some of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread