Here are some Florida dug relics found at various locations in the state

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
badge-1.jpg
Found on site of Fort Meade, Florida (Peace River) in 1981. After Civil War, fort site was purchased by a retired Deputy from the Chicago Police force. He tore down the slave quarters. This is i.d.'d as a southern states style of a hat badge-not Chicago, so I am told. Hence, if that is the case, it is probable that one of his descendants served as a policeman here in Florida in later years.

sw-depot8.jpg
Buckle, which I have yet to research, dug from privately-owned lot in southeast Florida where an early park once existed. I established permission for our club to search there. The site included a public well with a nearby bottle dump. Also, the site produced Indian head pennies and barber dimes. One club member dug a Nazi belt buckle that was discarded in a circa 1930's trash dump behind an old house.

unusual-art-1.jpg
Leg irons found in a 1850's Seminole War fort, in a locked position. I have a copy of diary written by an officer at the fort who wrote of two soldiers who broke into the officers mess, stole and drank the officers wine and port. They were placed in legirons the following morning and locked up in an enclosure. During the next night, they slipped out of their irons, broke out of the wood enclosure and hiked back down to a coastal fort where jail conditions were much improved as well as the food supply. They turned themselves in at the latter post.

13-4.jpg
13-5.jpg
Coin found at another 1850's fort reveals that at the time, the paymaster and the US Army received new coins fresh from the mint. Those lost immediately after retain great detail and little wear.

More beauties below dug from an 1850's Florida fort...

egg-14.jpg
egg-15.jpg
egg-16.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very very nice relics, I envy your finds. Congratulations and keep up the posts can't wait to see more.
Maybe someday I will find some good relics like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

hamer81

Aug 29, 2012
That's what I'm talkin about. Congrats on your relics. Hope I can find some relics like those someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread