Relic mode?

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im wondering what you relic pros think about relic mode. I'm not a beginner but I'm not a pro by far. I usually just shoot for coins but I've been steering more into relics as well. I use an ace 35, that said my question is the benefit of low iron in relic mode. To me iron is iron, why does it give you low iron to silver? Should I dig foil to silver or leave the low iron on it and dig that as well to not miss something good? Thanks.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sheep said:
Im wondering what you relic pros think about relic mode. I'm not a beginner but I'm not a pro by far. I usually just shoot for coins but I've been steering more into relics as well. I use an ace 35, that said my question is the benefit of low iron in relic mode. To me iron is iron, why does it give you low iron to silver? Should I dig foil to silver or leave the low iron on it and dig that as well to not miss something good? Thanks.

So, what detector are you talking about? Oh never mind a garret.

OP
OP
sheep

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garett ace "350" missed the zero

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a Garrett 1500, it was the 1st MD I got. I would hunt in relic mod in open fields, but at a house sit I would use no dis so I would dig all targets.
You can set your sensitiity as you like but not to low.
Just got my Garrett out and the mod I would hunt house sites was zero I just like to dig all my hits up to get to the good stuff.

I'am in no way a pro I'am still trying to work and find out all I can as you, just keep it up it's all about the sound. And you got2dig! HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go all metal with my fisher as the new machine automatically disc out junk and trash. Thats a nice option in a trashy area. But I dont want to miss any targets. I still test my setup with a piece of what Im hunting on the ground. Your machine could be identifying wrong as most machines are set up for coins. Most likely signal overload. But Im fairly new too.

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some older items has have the same metal makeup as other stuff like older quarters have the same make up as older pulltab and for the garret i have a 250 , and some times like locks and other stuff may have a little nickel/quarter ussaly if it goes from iron to pull tab i dont dig it but iron to qurter is worth digging because i found a really old padlock at an old house i was digging at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread