to keep hunting an area or to move on...

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
So my dilemma is this: I research an find an old, old cartway. It's a hike in just to get there. I search casually the trail Ames out of about .75 mile I find an old musket ball and a 1900 dime. Really no trash, but some paper shotgun shells, a few 22 and 38 shells, some iron bits and a couple clad pennies.
The musket ball and dime made it worth my while for the day, as I've never found either, but I was surprised there wasn't more.
Should I go back and slow search the area? Move into the wooded areas along side the trail? Or just move on to somewhere else? I really LIKE the trail! There is probably something else but seems like there could be very little to find. I can't decide...

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just work it tell you know that it over. Take your time you will find more there. HH

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t give up on the site altogether. Go back now and then just to enjoy yourself. I have a couple of sites that are really stingy about giving up there goody’s but as you stated I too just enjoy being at these particular sites. Not to mention there’s always the chance there’s still something of interest to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions