diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, unfortunately all the ones in my neck of the woods are nothing but urban sprawl covered in concrete. Pirates World is a Publix supermarket.

I remember as a teenager in Maryland, we used to ride our horses all around Marshall Hall Amusement park shortly after it closed. That is one place i'd like to detect. Much history to that park.

OP
OP
wreckwriter

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirates World is the place that I was researching when I found that site. I went there many times as a kid, thought it might still be there, as a ruin of course. Found that it wasn't but thought someone might find something from the site.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting this. This is true state history. About Florida yes, but what a great master's thesis, dissertation or even just a term paper this would make.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirates World is the place that I was researching when I found that site. I went there many times as a kid, thought it might still be there, as a ruin of course. Found that it wasn't but thought someone might find something from the site.
That's funny. I went there a couple times as a kid on vacation to my Aunt's house in Hollywood, that's why I mentioned it. And your right, something may be left somewhere on that list. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions