relic hunting/indiana

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
I'm up here in Rush County, revpo. Quite a few abandoned homes here also. I've been in a few of them, and found some old almanacs dating back to 1901. A couple people that I used to be friends with took a chest that was about 2 1/2 feet deep, by 3 feet long, by 1 1/2 feet wide, by estimation. I don't know of anyone who might own these old homes, but there are sure quite a few ghost stories to go along with them. Heck, one house has a wrought iron fence, and on the gate (part of the design) is a pentagram/five-side star inside a circle. Gives the girls the creeps! :D

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the star/pentagram inverted? I have Seen these on some gravestones in Indiana but the pentagrams were NOT upside down. I imagine it's a relegious meaning of some type, but not in the evil sense.

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
True_Metal, no, the star is point-up, not upside down. I do know that Wiccans (witches) believe it to be a sign of power, for wisdom and strength I do believe. It is an old symbol, sometimes given the name of "The Sign of Solomon", but I've read that it dates back further. My memory ain't so fresh on it, and I can't remember where I read about it before, so if I'm wrong, let me know. It used to creep me out, the first couple of times I seen it, but you get used to it. Anyways, I plan on going back there sometime to check it out....it's cool seeing history at your feet.

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure either but i do know its a represents a positive symbol as opposed to the other one. Good up, bad down sort of thing. I have only seen these on Gravestones in Indiana and not elsewhere, so maybe its a regional thing? I will have to research this as i am curious now. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF it points up it's "positive" WICCAN. if it points down, it's Black, representing Satan , the 2 up-pointing representing the horns of SATAN. & the one pointing down his bearded chin. you'r right tho it has had other meanings including just decorative. & also used as a GAR star for grave markers

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
sheeese y'all crack me up sometimes omg omg a star in a circle = pentagram blah blah
guys how about it just a freaking star in a circle and if you need a star in a circle label try this one
The Epiphany Star or star of Jacob

Mav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread