pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all I am new to this site and hope I picked the correct area to post this thread.. I just recieved a new metal detector for Christmas from my wife and have some questions about how to get started.. I reside in north central Pa. I have some areas that I are readily availible to me and am wondering how I should go about searching them and what kinds of relics and items I may find up here in the northern part of the country.. Some of them are farm fields, one has an old house,barn and well on it that was built right around 1898.. Some other spots are old logging camps and some other private properties.. Just curious on how I should go about tackling these spots.. Any information or tips will be greatly appreciated....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Pong! Start with building and foundation entrance and exit areas. Look for a place where a clothsline may have been, or the route between the back door and the outhouse. When you are done, hit those farm fields hard. That should keep you busy a couple of years or so. Discriminate only iron, keep your swing slow and deliberate, flat and low. Overlap your swings and SLOW down - the property isn't going anywhere. Big Gold to you, and if you need a partner for a couple of days call me - Please! :laughing7:

OP
OP
pong12211

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Pong! Start with building and foundation entrance and exit areas. Look for a place where a clothsline may have been, or the route between the back door and the outhouse. When you are done, hit those farm fields hard. That should keep you busy a couple of years or so. Discriminate only iron, keep your swing slow and deliberate, flat and low. Overlap your swings and SLOW down - the property isn't going anywhere. Big Gold to you, and if you need a partner for a couple of days call me - Please! :laughing7:
Thanks for the tips I will be sure to use this advice.. I did'nt realize that slow and deliberate was the way to go.. That's why i'm and amateur I suppose LOL... Appreciate the advice..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions