1981Eagle

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2012
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my in-laws land, I was back in the woods and I found what they refer to as "an old tobacco barn"

The roof has collapsed, and there is a lot of bramble around it, and it will be hard to get the area clear enough to swing a coil ... an it likely has nothing .... but you never know until you search!

Barn003_zpsc60bdbb4.jpg

Barn004_zps12af2d75.jpg

Barn001_zpsbfeb2939.jpg

Barn002_zpse67e581f.jpg

Barn005_zps6e103826.jpg

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not trying to squash your dreams, but don't expect to find a lot of coins. Most farm labor didn't carry much to work and most farmers supplied the water and snacks, etc for their help... At least here in NC they did. Just get in there and go slow. The old tin roof and nails may drive you nuts.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, I live a few miles away in Patrick County. I agree about the nails and tin roofing driving you crazy. I have been hunting a couple of old house sites and you can't swing without getting a nail or tin roof beep. Had to turn discrimination to max to keep from going crazy. If i was you i think i would look for somewhere else like the house that the barn belonged to. Good Luck, steve

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight is right, probably not any coins, but there could be a cache. I bet a barn full of tobacco could bring in some good money, perhaps he stashed some there.

It could have been used for cock fights or other things where money exchanged hands. Definitely worth a look. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread