Woodyvtwin

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Newfane, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with hunting relics in the Niagara region. Niagara Falls/Lewiston/Youngstown on the American side; and - or Fort Erie/Niagara Falls/Queenston/Niagara on the Lake on the Canadian side. This area was a major front during the war of 1812.
My wife and I plan on hitting this area extensively this coming summer and we are interested in hearing of any other's experiences toward this effort. We would greatly appreciate any response.
Thanks, Woody

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOUNDS AWESOME, IVE NEVER HIT THAT PART OF THE STATE BEFORE---GOOD LUCK !--:thumbsup:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would check to see what is off limits before you detect, I know there is a lot of area off limits in some areas.

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
I can tell you that the area on both sides has been searched for decades. Is there something to be found..Probably but it is sparse. It is my understanding that public property in Youngstown is off limits.

OP
OP
Woodyvtwin

Woodyvtwin

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Newfane, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would be hunting mostly private properties. My wife is Canadian from Niagara on the Lake. We have a lot of friends in the area on both sides of the border who now run vineyards or just own property.
We are fortunate in a matter of having access to some areas that have probably never been hunted with detection devices. I guess what I should have asked is for any experience with hunting these areas in regards to finds or relics that were found.
I did talk to one of the Canadian members of our club that has found a cannon ball a musket balls near fort Erie in a friends back yard. He says that privately owned land is the way to go.
Woody

mike k.

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2007
cambridge , ontario
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign and minelab excalliburs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niagara parks commission thinks they are the only law in the entire niagara. They dont have any no metal detecting signs anywhere , but they wont let you detect anywhere . They would rather have items deteriate under ground or water,rather than let some detectorist clean the area of toxic lead musketballs.

acepro

Mar 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
having acsess to vinyards is pure gold mine do your reasearch and if the vinyard is in the right location you could be hitting a minefield of relics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread