1814 war

ejh1027

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2013
I have been doing alot of history research in my town, I found there was a major battle between Americans and the british right in my neighborhood, so my question is, where to look! I have hit a large field, but all that turned up was an old metal stake of some sort.... Are the woods a good area to walk around, or should I stick to the fields and farm land?? Thanks for any help

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing alot of history research in my town, I found there was a major battle between Americans and the british right in my neighborhood, so my question is, where to look! I have hit a large field, but all that turned up was an old metal stake of some sort.... Are the woods a good area to walk around, or should I stick to the fields and farm land?? Thanks for any help

Woods are good look around trees they may have been lyin there or catchin shade. Do more research find out excactly where

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Left you a PM

leadandbrass

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2013
williamsville, new york
Detector(s) used
bounty hunters pioneer 202 and tr550d
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what town you located in, i might be able to help pinpoint a few possible spots. i am in williamsville, ny(used to be williams mills during 1812) and through ALOTTTT of reaserch i found some areas that some wouldnt normally consider.

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John, does any of your research cover the area of the St. Lawrence River for 1813? I have a a couple of book resources on the the war on the Niagara Frontier that I came across in my research.

Paul

prosub

Jan 12, 2013
up state ny
Detector(s) used
X-Call2,AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo (4).JPG found in st lawrence river british light inventry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread