Compac with SILVER coins inside !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I met up with a couple friends. Been wanting to hit another site that was on my bucket list... Today it paid off bigtime... Walked straight down to the beach and bang... First item of the day was a Captain Midnight Badge.... Dates from 1941, and it's the first issue of the badge... I love this hobby.... walked a little further and a few coins and some brass in between...Then once again, bang a nice solid tone and pops out a beutiful brass Anchor belt buckle....If anyone can help ID this one it would be great... Maybe a date for it?...... Quite a bit of turn of the centry items... Love that time period... I also need some help on this next item, Looks to be some type of badge... Says Souviner N and / Emcamptment 1908 what a great day....2 pewter spoons... I found 8 compacs today? realy crazy...They were all in the mud... Now for the goody, also a compac, didn't open it till I got back home... I slowly worked the cover loose, and opened it slowly. Inside was 2 Walking Liberty Half dollars.... OMG..... I am on cloud nine.... wonder if it was placed there for a special reason....Thanks for looking and happy hunting... back at that spot again tomorrow.... Money Case (1).JPG Money Case (2).JPG Money Case (3).JPG Money Case (4).JPG Money Case (5).JPG Money Case (8).JPG Money Case (9).JPG Money Case (11).JPG Money Case (12).JPG Money Case (13).JPG Money Case (15).JPG Money Case (16).JPG Money Case (17).JPG Money Case (19).JPG

Attachments

• Money Case (10).JPG
    Money Case (10).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Money Case (14).JPG
    Money Case (14).JPG
    63 KB · Views: 224
  • Money Case (18).JPG
    Money Case (18).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 238

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
What a cool variety of finds. You had a good day for sure!

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Man! I bet you were surprised when you opened that compact! Every time I find an old rouge container I'm like please let there be a goodie in there! But of course there never is. :BangHead: Way to go!!

S

stefen

This is not an uncommon occurrance...

"Mad Money" was carried for phone calls, bus rides, or whatever emergency...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread