Sterling Baby Spoon & Lion Drawer Pull

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I braved the elements, and went back to the same area, that produced the compacs from yesterday. Got real windy for a bit, made it almost unbearable, that is till I started to find silver coins...They were far and very few in between.... I managed a nice watch fob that has a horseshoe going around the edge of it. All I can make out is the word HORSE... I need help with that one... got 2 silver quarters, and then out pops this baby spoon with a curled handle... Bang... its sterling to boot... wow that one made my day... I thought that Pirates were the only ones to curl the handles of spoons and forks to fit their thumbs?.... Then I got a baby fork.... not sterling for this one, but I will take it... There was a lot of targets, but mostly brass and copper junk pieces... On the walk back towards the truck, I got this very loud signal up high near the marsh, I dug at least fifteen inches down into the sand and in the scoop staring back at me was this drawer pull... After looking at it for a moment I could make out the head of a lion....WOW.... some history there for sure... Just when I thought it couldn't get better... Never seen one like this... Anyone else.... Thanks for looking and happy hunting... snow tomorrow... no detecting...:( childs Fork.JPG DSC_0016.JPG For & Spoon (1).JPG For & Spoon (2).JPG For & Spoon (3).JPG For & Spoon (4).JPG For & Spoon (5).JPG horseshoe fob (1).JPG horseshoe fob (2).JPG horseshoe fob (3).JPG horseshoe fob (4).JPG Lion Pull (1).JPG Lion Pull (2).JPG Lion Pull (3).JPG Lion Pull (4).JPG Lion Pull (5).JPG Lion Pull (6).JPG spoon (1).JPG spoon (2).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (1).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (2).JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread