More from near Shipwreck Area

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Joined up with Leprechaun again this morning at 8:00 am... It was a nice and toasty 17 degrees....As I sat in my truck waiting for him to show up I had second thoughts...But when you have the fever as we all do, you know that I couldn't wait to jump rite in... After a few minutes I gathered my stuff, said good morning and we were digging goodies from the get go. A few modern coins and then a nice knife handle... very old too... Love that kind of stuff... Got a signal and down deep was a nice musket ball... Ok 2 for me, and moved closer to the shipwreck and BANG, got a deep but very steady signal... 3 1/2 scoops later, out comes this what looked like the Pepper Shaker that matched the Salt Shaker from yesterday....OMG... but NO, it wasn't that at all... still not sure what it is. But it has a name and a Patented date of August 23rd 1859... any ideas?.... Found a realy nice Rail Road Tag made of brass... Seaver's South End Highland Exspress #108 B & A R.R. That's a first for me on that one... Got another pewter handle from a fork or spoon.. realy ornate...I also got a great small bottle again today... I was told it may be from somewhere around 1860 ... Another great day today at the seashore... Tomorrow we are hunting an area with permission that is over 7,000 yrs old and they have found Indian artifact 's there recently. I will post if I get any goodies from the area... 1860 bottle (1).JPG 1860 bottle (2).JPG 1860 bottle (3).JPG 1860 bottle (4).JPG 1860 bottle (5).JPG 1860 bottle (6).JPG All items from harbor (1).JPG All items from harbor (2).JPG All items from harbor (3).JPG All items from harbor (4).JPG All items from harbor (5).JPG Bottle & Handle.JPG DSC_0014.JPG Harbor finds (1).JPG Harbor finds (2).JPG knife handle (1).JPG knife handle (2).JPG Patented August 29th 1859 (1).JPG Patented August 29th 1859 (2).JPG pewter handle (1).JPG pewter handle (2).JPG pewter handle (3).JPG Rail Road Tag.JPG

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
Looks like some really neat finds, hope your next hunt turns up more

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done, sounds like a great time!

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
734702d1359843217-more-near-shipwreck-area-patented-august-29th-1859-1-.jpg

Hello Leighton,

Another raft of goodies, sir. I do admire the small pontiled vial with the flared lip.

"No 25,186 -- James J Essex, of Newport, RI - Improvement in Elastic Bulb Syringes Patent dated August 23 1859. The claim and engravings explain the nature of this invention.

The inventor says: I claim so combining and arranging the bulb air chamber and delivery valve with each other and with the flexible section and delivery tubes that the nir chamber shall be above the delivery valve and shall bo and shall remain while in use upright or nearly so and under the control of the hand which grasps and operates the bulb." Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents

Drawings are here: Patent US25186

25186.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread