Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey YoungBlood I hunt in WV also, I'd stay off state parks unless there's some kind of metal detecting permit you can get but not sure, anything on private property I'd say is fair game as long as you get permission first.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
None of the following West Virginia state laws actually state that metal detecting is illegal. However, there are laws protecting any artifacts that may have been located with the use of a metal detector. West Virginia Code §29- 1- 8b protects historic and prehistoric sites. It forbids the demolition or disruption of historic and prehistoric landmarks owned or leased by the state of West Virginia or private grounds where the state of West Virginia has already obtained rights for investigation or development. West Virginia Code §20-2-1 also disallows the removal of any artifacts, objects, plants, animals, substances or materials whether they are natural or man-made from state forests, parks or state wildlife management area unless a permit has first been obtained. Also, West Virginia Code §20- 7A-5 forbids any person to deface, excavate, disturb, remove or injure any historic or prehistoric ruin, archaeological or paleontological site or any other similar object that might be found in any cave

OP
OP
YoungBlood

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
One reason I was wondering is because a famous fort 'Fort Henry' was half destroyed by the Blaw Knox factory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread