John Mosbys treasure

ghost

Mar 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Mosby's treasure

I have always been curious if John Mosbys treasure has ever been found. I read somewhere recently that he hid it in Culpepper County, Va and never went back for it because the three men he was with had already died and I think he said he forgot the exact spot. Anyway, thanks for any tips. Maybe one of us will get rich one day by finding it.

Lucky Lou

Dec 26, 2012
Orange, VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites blue&gray, fisher cz3d, Garrett atx
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where did I read that? As much as I dig in culpeper I should have found it by now lol

Eric Wilson

Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: has anyone ever found Mosby's treasure. If they did they aren't talking and neither should you if you find it or one similar. Not being a smart aleck or anything- just telling the truth. The world does not lack for people who would happily kill you for something like that. Not to say that you wouldn't talk to anyone-ultimately you'd have to talk to some people but they would be very few and far between. The kind of people who know what to do if you find something like that and who keep their mouth shut. If you end up on the evening news or the front page of USA Today for finding something like that, you'd rue the day. Life would become a living hell and that's just from the press and the general public asking for money. Then would come the gratuitous lawsuits from people claiming a share for any reason they can think. That's just the beginning, I won't go into the rest. If I found something like that, I "might" tell my mother but definitely not my father or sisters. I have some idea of the "right" people and I'd consult with one of them but only in couched terms- too much information in the hands of one person can be deadly. That being said I don't think it's been found. I think there would be a willow of the wisp whisper about it- nothing tangible exactly but a vague understanding among the fraternity that a recovery had been made. Maybe My way of going about it is all wrong but that's my take.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread