Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Target ID's for relics?

I'm reposting my question in a new thread to get better exposure.

I've been spending my training days coin shooting, but its time to expand my horizons. I use an F70, and thanks to Lonewolfe, have a firm understanding and settings and better technique.

When relic hunting, is it common to run in all metal mode? Is there a typical target ID range to look for? What are tokens and buttons usually made of? Is it fair to assume relic hunting means digging iron targets?

I doubt there are cut and dry answers to my questions, but as usual, everyone's input is quite valuable.

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a different machine then you so can't help with numbers. I hunt with very little discrimination only iron nails disc out. CW buttons are generally brass. If you are in a target rich environment for CW relics dig all targets is my approach.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm reposting my question in a new thread to get better exposure.

I've been spending my training days coin shooting, but its time to expand my horizons. I use an F70, and thanks to Lonewolfe, have a firm understanding and settings and better technique.

When relic hunting, is it common to run in all metal mode? Is there a typical target ID range to look for? What are tokens and buttons usually made of? Is it fair to assume relic hunting means digging iron targets?

I doubt there are cut and dry answers to my questions, but as usual, everyone's input is quite valuable.

Most people do hunt all metal, up to u if u hunt ferrous or non ferrous targets, machines are all different on target ranges, when you do find an item, just record what I'd number it struck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread