Old farmhouse

Clay Fisher2

Jul 20, 2013
Middle GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live next door to an old early 1900s farm house. The original owner a 90 yr old widow lady was still living when we bought our house new. They owned a huge tract of farm land. Never had kids. When her husband died she sold most of the pastures and land surrounding the old house and barns. Land Developer built our subdivision but poor planning left much of the property undeveloped and unsold. She died and the house was sold to another elderly couple, a retired carpenter who added new roof, vinyl siding, lowered the ceilings and a few other improvements. So as someone posted, new owners can change the whole look of the house so you won't be able to tell by looking how old. The new owners eventually died leaving it all to their only grandson since their only child, a son died. The grandson is in his early 20s and has health issues. Hardly ever comes outside. Lives there with his mom. We keep the property cut, harvest the pecans and have total rein of the property. Not going in those barns until winter, either! Snakes! Since I recently started M detecting, I've been digging around the property. Been disappointed up until yesterday when I found a Ford brass center wheel hub for a Model A or T and of all places, near the road. Just goes to show that you really have to forget what it looks like now and think about how the place was back then and the way they lived. Also if the fence is an iron fence, its hot item at the antique store! People didn't have garbage service, they buried it in a hole or gulley. Vintage bottles! Many also buried what little money they had. Divide and conquer, Brother man. Get digging!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said & like the Picture of the property it sets in my mind as i read ur post good luck over there,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread