reading the landscape question

sobeitunion

Jun 23, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super TRAQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate any advice or insight here. I have been metal detecting an old home site located in east Tennessee recently. There is a railroad close by that dates from at least the early 1900's, possably earlier. I am still researching it. I havent spent too much time at the home site as the weeds and undergrowth are very tall and thick this time of year. So far I have found a few wheat pennys dateing from the early 30's to the mid 50's. I have also found a number of old square nails, what I believe is a badly damaged fired musket ball, and a bunch of old iron, horseshoes, etc. I was looking around the site today and about 10 ft. inside the tree line I found two long rows of piled or mounded rocks that created a trench or gully between them. What might the intended purpose for these rock rows have been. I have provided a couple of photos and a crude map for refereance. The rocks can be seen in the foreground and the gully to the left in the first photo and behind in the second photo. Thanks again for the insight!

20130728_124608_resized.jpg 20130728_124623_resized.jpg

Gray Lady Map.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mayb to block the home from rising creek water kinda 2,chances it is interesting definitely a spot I'd like to go to good luck

OP
OP
S

sobeitunion

Jun 23, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super TRAQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ideas. I will definatley be checking it out. I dont think that its a wall for high water. the creek would have to flood to biblical levels. Its a tall and steep hillside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread