Goliad (La Bahia) Artifacts...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spruced up 3 of my TX Revolution artifact Riker mount displays with some blue felt. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

This was kind of a test run. the fabric I used before in Riker mounts looked good, but I think it was kind of "slippery" and allowed smoother items like buttons to slip when combined with items that made deeper impressions in the batting, like musket balls.

The felt adds a bit of texture and the stuff seems to stick in place better, so I think I'll be re-doing all my Riker mounts in blue and red now.

You Ain't Done Wild And Reckless, Till You've Done It In Texas!

Attachments

• image-474338413.png
    image-474338413.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 625

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I spent two years during my high school years there. We lived next to Coleto Creek on U.S. 59 . The creek is damned up now and there is a little lake where I fished and roamed. I always wondered if they was any relics in the ground around there. It was called The Battle of Colleto Creek and then Colonel Fannin surrendered ...or something like that. Then Santa Anna double crossed them and the men were executed. I was there 3 years ago and never gave it a thought to get my Tesoro Bandido II out of the truck and hunt but I dont know anyone there anymore. Before it became a state park , we swam there in the San Antonio River on Sunday afternoons behind the mission.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a beautiful area there and birth place of the American Cowboy and Cinco De Mayo

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on your mounts! Did you cover with plain felt or use the foam with felt on it?

I just trimmed a piece of plain felt and wrapped it around the batting that comes with the Riker...

May I ask for more info about the "foam with felt" you mentioned???

That sounds like something that would make my life a lot easier!!!

Thanks!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile, but got a sheet from Lonnies jewelry supply in phoenix. Another source would be an upholstery shop that does cars. That'd give you a wide selection of colors. One trick I used for a jewelry display was to use the material they picked out, and used 3M headliner adhesive to stick it to a piece of foam that had been precut. One hint with the headliner adhesive laydown newspaper! The tip sprays a wide pattern. Oh, headliner adhesive is carried by most of the auto parts places & they sell it cheaper than if you order it.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's been awhile, but got a sheet from Lonnies jewelry supply in phoenix. Another source would be an upholstery shop that does cars. That'd give you a wide selection of colors. One trick I used for a jewelry display was to use the material they picked out, and used 3M headliner adhesive to stick it to a piece of foam that had been precut. One hint with the headliner adhesive laydown newspaper! The tip sprays a wide pattern. Oh, headliner adhesive is carried by most of the auto parts places & they sell it cheaper than if you order it.

Great info.

Thanks much!

Spotigator

Dec 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejaas,
Great work and a lot of precious history! The land that I currently own, in Central Texas, was originally awarded to the family of a young Texas soldier killed at the Battle of Coleto Creek. Seeing his name as the original owner reminds me of that Battle. Your display really honors him and the others who slugged it out with the Mexican Army at Coleto Creek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread