anyone else think DIGGERS the TV show is annoying and wish it wasnt

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
anyone else think DIGGERS the TV show is annoying and wish it wasn't

I was excited to watch Diggers on TV today. I made it about halfway through an episode before. Uhhhhhh, BOOOOM, OH my gosh look at this chunk of iron drove me crazy.

Anyone have this feeling about the show. I really really wish it didn't bother me and I could watch some detecting while stuck inside with all the snow.

Awesome look at this awesome piece of awesome history....... Awesome haha

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most on here feel the same as you and I. The producers of the show insist on the silliness. You tube videos prior to the show by the guys reveal they had fun on camera but not to the point of being silly. I quit hunting 15 years ago after living and breathing civil war relic hunting for 20 years. I had not kept up with detectors and was fascinated watching them using their detectors on the show that sounded like slide whistles and had variable tones and a visual readout. I didnt fall for all the bells and whistles ...lol...I bought a Tesoro ! lol Those producers need to come hang out with me. I'll teach them how to cuss , spit and sit up straight !

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there r two digger shows the one with the wrestling guy and the two guys king George and the ring master...rite??

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I was watching it with some guys at the fire house and turned it off because I didn't want people to think that was what I do.

Metal detector lingo:
The juice
Nectar sector
???????? Really

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I know metal detecting isn't something super exciting to watch unless you are in the hobby but I think it they steered the show in a direction like American pickers people would watch out of curiosity of what they find or historical interest. I think right now if makes people feel awkwardly embarresed even to watch

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like their reruns with the word "Juiced" added to the title & called New.
it's a flat out lie. not a new episode. just some childish pop-up added .

I do like their new episodes

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like their reruns with the word "Juiced" added to the title & called New.
it's a flat out lie. not a new episode. My DVR taped 2 shows last night thet were supposed to be new.
as soon as I saw the Pop up , I deleted both :(

I do like their new episodes

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Yeah the new ones aren't AS bad but when they freak out and I mean freak out over a find I'm like alright settle down.

nelsongrigg

Sep 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol if anyone of us could get acess to those sites, we could pull the same if not better stuff up, they go places any norm hobbiest would get kicked quickly

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
lol if anyone of us could get acess to those sites, we could pull the same if not better stuff up, they go places any norm hobbiest would get kicked quickly

Exactly that's the whole reason I wanted to watch the show.

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was excited to watch Diggers on TV today. I made it about halfway through an episode before. Uhhhhhh, BOOOOM, OH my gosh look at this chunk of iron drove me crazy.

Anyone have this feeling about the show. I really really wish it didn't bother me and I could watch some detecting while stuck inside with all the snow.

Awesome look at this awesome piece of awesome history....... Awesome haha
I watched it a couple of times and yesterday I was watching it again when the wife came in and watched for awhile..She just shook her head and said it was crazy..Juice?Nectar?..But when the guy ran down the hill and slid in the grass was her last straw..:.)..Yes I agree it is annoying...do away with all the theatrics and it would be a fun watch.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Yeah. It's embarrassing to watch with people. Yeah sliding down the hill was baaaaad. That same episode did you notice the guy yelled for the other one by saying....... Hey, hey ringmaster come over here. Really

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
You can thank these shows for jacking up retail prices of detectors too. And bringing alot of attention to the MD hobby which has resulted in the placing of alot of the No Metal Detecting signs on parks now. Now I know some dealers will be offended but this is my opinion. American Digger with that Savage nut showed up on tv in Aug of 2012.It was one of the 1st tv shows to show a detectorist digging "buried treasure" although alot of us know some were planted. On Sept 2012(1 month later) Teknetics released a new pricing to dealers(I got ahold of that from a friend) which reflected about $100 mark up retail to allow dealers more wiggle room. I had just purchased a new G2 w/11"DD for around $450 from a sponsor about 3 months prior to the new pricing. Now look at the prices. Everything from First Texas which has the Fisher line too went up. Mid price range detectors went to $500-$600. Top of the line $600 went to $700 and up.Other detector mfgs folled bumping up theirs to match. When I started playing with detectors in the 70's and got deep in it in 1985 nobody even knew what a detector did or had seen one. No one knew what relic hunting was or about. Now its all over the place. Its pretty much put the hobby on the edge of extinction because so many are out there now looking for "buried treasure" and ripping the places apart forcing laws which were never around before these shows to be made. Thats my take.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread