CW Relic Hunters

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been doing my usual trying to find a needle in haystack without help again this year and it occurred to me to ask the following from those that might know. Has anyone found any new camps lately? That includes any that might show signs of being hunted before, but you're still finding relics. Or, are most relic hunters hunting camps that they've been hunting for years? Also, I know a few hunters that have said they were going to transition over to hunting primarily old homesteads in hopes of finding CW era relics. Is anyone doing that primarily? Now, I'm not asking for any site info, but it would really help if you mention what state you're hunting in as well, since it seems that a big percentage of the finds I see posted anymore are coming out of Virginia and I only hunt in Tenn or Alabama. This is just a way to judge how thin things might be getting.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in the SC LowCountry and because I work a full time job I consider myself more an opportunist than focusing on specific areas. I hunt on weekends anywhere I can gain permission. I also prefer to dig Civil War period or earlier. I guess I'm jaded as post CW and Indian War does not interest me at the present.

Getting permission is a challenge though. I recently had my foot in the door to work a yard where there are tabby ruins on a dirt road where the homeowner found a SC button after a rain. He voiced his displeasure with a pair of diggers he let hunt his yard ten years earlier after they hid some of their finds from him instead of splitting as agreed to. He took my name and number and said he would mull it over and get back to me, but I doubt I will ever hear from him due to the greed of others. Can't say I blame him, landowners deserve to receive a share of the finds from their own property if they so choose. I always propose that all the finds be placed on a towel. A coin is flipped and the winner picks one item first, then the other picks an item etc etc. I strongly believe in Karma which keeps me on the straight and narrow, because what goes around, comes around.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still some "Sweet Spot's" out there Their just hard to find and gain access to.

There's also older sites & newer "Pulse" Machines.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I always propose that all the finds be placed on a towel. A coin is flipped and the winner picks one item first, then the other picks an item etc.

A flip of a coin... I like your method.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions