Found old moonshine stilt what can i expect to find

Neildo85

Feb 19, 2014
Southern ILL
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 1500 (inherited from grandpa)
Marksman(cheap gift from wife)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me of the zinc jar lids I found with the broken glass seals still inside. I found them in an old roadbed next to a modern road. With all the beer cans and bottles from current and past generations I wondered if maybe, just maybe, these could have been tossed out the window of a moonshine runners car. They were not really close to each other and there were no jars to be found, they were also about 6inches deep. I may just be trying to imagine a more romantic past for them, they could just as easily fallen out of a wagon or something when the old road was in use. I'll never know, but it is fun to speculate! I'll post a pic sometime.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When god hands you lemons make lemonade...when god hands you a still....lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not running .
Maybe Valuable Copper?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
look for old bottles & jars. & who knows maybe someone dropped a penny or 2. good luck.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Hopefully you don't run into this guy... Not likely since old Popcorn is dead but shiners don't take to people messing with their stuff. He lived about 20 minutes South of here. Check the bottom of any Mason jars. A number 13 is worth a few bucks and there are also many valuable varieties made over the years. We saw one at the local flea market last Sunday that was a light Brown color. First I've ever seen. It wasn't cheap.

Attachments

• wi-popcorn-608.jpg
    wi-popcorn-608.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread