Will the Whites 6000 Di Pro find relics deeper that 12 inches?

goinsrunner95

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will the White's 6000 Di Pro find relics deeper that 12 inches?

Hey gang,

I have the 6000 Di Pro and have been detecting for about a year and only hunt for Civil War relics. I have an opportunity to hunt a large Civil War battle field on private property. It is the Jenkins Ferry battle that was featured at the beginning of the Lincoln movie. Because it is in a river bottom, a 150 years of silt has covered the items to a depth of 10 to 15 inches. Can the Di Pro go that deep with the 950 coil or do I need to consider buying a larger coil? If so, what coil should I buy? I hope to get out in the yard today and bury a few items that deep and run a test but thought I would check with you guys. Thanks!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
it should go down below 12" with no problem for relics. That was one of there best older detectors. A later version of that circuitry is in the Sierra Madre/ULA-3. With the optional 15" coil this unit is rated at 5' by Whites. It originally sold for $600. If you ever see one, grab it. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not so sure there's such thing as private property on the bottom of a river.. It should be state property... But a lot of things are going to come into play like how mineralized the sediment is ...how compact it is..
how large and how conductive the object you may be swinging your coil overs is.. With that much sediment you might want to bring a boat over there and blow some prop wash over the area moving the silt before you get started

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how we do it off the beach here in Florida.
(Photo Booty Salvage)

ForumRunner_20140412_213656.png

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halfs 9" & deeper. still have my old hip mount, use it to search ceilings of buildings to get an idea of whether or not to climb up. If you haven't yet, take the skid plate off and clean it out put it back on & silicone around the edge. Desert black sand will drive you nuts!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silicone on the gap will only slow down the entry of black sand. The 6000 Di will do well on deep relics. My son used the hip mount version.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread