Made the Find of a Lifetime Yesterday!!! Lots of Pics!

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Made the Find of a Lifetime Yesterday!!! Lot's of Pics!

I want to start by thanking Austin McCullough for his hosting me and Russ yesterday in Charleston...we hunted a spot of his and one of ours and came away with some real goodies...I'll take quality over quantity ANY day. So, I'll get right to it!

We were about to head out, Austin had already gone to the car and me and Russ were not far behind him...got one last choppy signal under a root. After digging around for a minute or two, I finally got the target out of the ground...my first reaction was all that work for a piece of scrap brass...picked it up and saw the hole, then the stamped number on the bottom and I KNEW EXACTLY what I had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1847 Charleston Slave Tag. Occupation: Porter

photo%204_1.JPG

Also got a me a nice British Half Cent from the site as well....
photo%205.JPG

Here's Austin's 1789 1 Reale...
photo%202_1.JPG
photo%206_1.JPG

Pictured here is Russ' 1-piece artillery button, and Austin's Marine and Rifleman's buttons...
photo%201_1.JPG

Group shot of our better finds on the day which includes flat buttons and Russ' little piece of cut silver...
photo%207.JPG

Thanks for looking!!!! I'm still on cloud 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, video is coming soon!​
photo%203_1.JPG
photo%204crop.jpg

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find and what a find it is. Congrats! Banner voted.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool finds and an Excellent example of a Slave Tag:thumbsup:

Banner voted :)

With a bit of research I would guess someone might be able to track that one down.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start by thanking Austin McCullough for his hosting me and Russ yesterday in Charleston...we hunted a spot of his and one of ours and came away with some real goodies...I'll take quality over quantity ANY day. So, I'll get right to it! We were about to head out, Austin had already gone to the car and me and Russ were not far behind him...got one last choppy signal under a root. After digging around for a minute or two, I finally got the target out of the ground...my first reaction was all that work for a piece of scrap brass...picked it up and saw the hole, then the stamped number on the bottom and I KNEW EXACTLY what I had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1847 Charleston Slave Tag. Occupation: Porter Also got a me a nice British Half Cent from the site as well.... Here's Austin's 1789 1 Reale... Pictured here is Russ' 1-piece artillery button, and Austin's Marine and Rifleman's buttons... Group shot of our better finds on the day which includes flat buttons and Russ' little piece of cut silver... Thanks for looking!!!! I'm still on cloud 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, video is coming soon!
that's just incrrreeedddiiibbllle. !!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner find! Congratulations on the find of a lifetime!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread