Relic Hunting help?

W

waldrtw

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.? Just found it today.? I live in Oregon and have really gotting into the old logging history of the area.? My question is..? Is there a metal detector or pointer that will help me find old metal objects in the woods?? I am looking for large things like Spark arrestors off trains and parts of steam donkeys.? Any help would be great. I have tried just wondering through the woods but that just will not cut it! I need something sort of radar pointer that I can point off the trail in a direction and it will tell me if an old metal objest is there. I am not really looking for buried items. I am sure somebody makes something like that? I read something about using a compass... Would that really work? How far will it pickup something? Any help would be great.

Any body from Oregon on here?

Thanks
Tim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There Is Nothing that Will Point you in the Right Direction. The Only thing you can do IS wonder around. or ask Old timers who maby have hunted the area If they'v ever seen anything sitting around. IF their Buried, Any Good Detector with Disc, turned all the way down should give you a Hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread