relics in virginia

W

wodd

I am a newbie and I would like someone to tell me if they can about finding relics in virginia. I mainly am talking about the state forests in appomattox and buckingham areas. If you metal detect in these areas, I would like to know about what do you usually find on a good outing. I don't what you to reveil where your detecting just what I could look forward to digging up myself. Also if you could give any advice as to how deep your finds are. Not trying to step on anyone toes just like to get in there and have fun because I [and my son] hunt in this area all the time and we both love going down there.[we are both from lynchburg area].....
Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.........THANKS
WODD!!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might wanna check your local laws on hunting on state/fed lands in VA.. I know they've been pushing a bill to get passed preventing people from doing ANY relic/detecting on ANY state/fed land/s. Some are and have been off limits for quite a while now.. It may be worth checking out before swinging a coil, because, you may end up in a "room w/o a view" for a while!

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you turn on your machine near CW period homesites in VA you are almost guranteed to get a few relics...try it.

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread