Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reweichman

Thread: Collar Button 1915

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Ace 250

Collar Button 1915

I thought I would post this find with you..in case you ever run across one and want to know what it is. It's called a Collar Button and was used with men's detachable collars in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Here is a website about collar buttons of all kinds: http://www.costumes.org/history/100pages/collarsmen.htm
    I believe the one I have was used to attach a man's stiff starched collar in the back. It is made of some type of metal..looks copper/brass. I collect buttons and found this in a jar of old antique buttons. The front says Snugfit collar button Pat May 11-15. The back says Mfd by Weichman Mfg. Co. Youngstown, Ohio. I have no idea of it's worth.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Marcia  the treasure_lady
    Happy Hunting!

Jun 2004
    2 times

Re: Collar Button 1915

What a cool find and site,Never seen one found before.HH

SASQUASH

Hay thats cool never have come acrossed one yet. SASQUASH

us
    Mar 2009
    1 times

I just found this topic. My father invented the Snugfit Collar button and sold them throughout the world until the attached collar shirt took over in the early 1930's. Anyone who has one of these, it is certainly a collector's item. I would suggest putting it on Ebay.
    R. Earle Weichman
    JimK likes this.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    51 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by reweichman
    I just found this topic.  My father invented the Snugfit Collar and sold them throughout the world until the attached collar shirt took over in the early 1930's.  Anyone who has one of these, it is certainly a collector's item.  I would suggest putting it on Ebay.
    R. Earle Weichman
    Welcome to Treasurenet!  It's pretty rare that someone posts a fact like that here! 

How very cool.... 

Too bad the original poster has not been around in such a ong time and will never read this...

us
    Jan 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Ace 250

I just found this reply and will surely write Mr. Weichman and thank him for this very interesting information! And hi Montana Jim!

Happy Hunting!
    Marcia the treasure_lady (now in Texas!)
    Marcia  the treasure_lady
    Happy Hunting!

us
    Jan 2007
    eastern Oklahoma
    Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
    36 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by reweichman
    I just found this topic. My father invented the Snugfit Collar button and sold them throughout the world until the attached collar shirt took over in the early 1930's. Anyone who has one of these, it is certainly a collector's item. I would suggest putting it on Ebay.
    R. Earle Weichman
    Welcome, & thanks for the information, very intresting.

Fossis....................
    fossil hunter Indian Artifact collector MDer Antique collector

us
    May 2010

I have one of these and found your site while searching for info.

us
    Mar 2009
    1 times

Snugfit collar button

Weichman Mfg Co ceased business in 1931, he died in 1969 and I am his son who is now 89 (2015). Pending on the condition, the value could be $7 to $100; I plan to give one to the Smithsonian. I live in La Quinta CA.
    Earle Weichman

Quote Originally Posted by treasure_lady View Post
    I thought I would post this find with you..in case you ever run across one and want to know what it is. It's called a Collar Button and was used with men's detachable collars in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Here is a website about collar buttons of all kinds: http://www.costumes.org/history/100pages/collarsmen.htmI believe the one I have was used to attach a man's stiff starched collar in the back. It is made of some type of metal..looks copper/brass. I collect buttons and found this in a jar of old antique buttons. The front says Snugfit collar button Pat May 11-15. The back says Mfd by Weichman Mfg. Co. Youngstown, Ohio. I have no idea of it's worth.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links