Had a nice time finding some ol goodies

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a nice time finding some ol' goodies

Saw a construction crew tearing down an old house and about three acres of property. House dated back to the 50's so I figured I'd hit it up. The construction crew just told me to stay out of the way and they'd be fine with me detecting so worked out pretty well. Found three six pound cast iron window weights, a very old hub cap...hope I can clean it up enough to find out what manufacturer it's from and of course my favorite that awesome cobbler hammer dating to the late 1800's and the axe head which I can't find enough info on it to give it a date.

Attachments

• 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 171
  • electro.jpg
    electro.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1743.JPG
    IMG_1743.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    910 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    557 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    834 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    764.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great start to filling your tool shed.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
chriskellyco

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha thank you! Those are just a few relics. I forget to take pictures half the time. The cobbler hammer head came out amazingly well so I'm going to fashion a nice handle for it. The thing looks brand new after a little bath.

azdave

Dec 12, 2014
southern AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds...and interestingly I found an identical hammer head in a remote canyon here in AZ while on the search for a Indian Wars battle sight.
I found one oxen shoe in the same area, and just assumed it was a shoeing hammer, type used by farriers...both items were very out of place for this location.

I sure love the dry desert...things 140 years old come out of the ground like new, except for discoloration.....I would hate to have to do the cleaning/preserving you guys put up with!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE COBBLERS HAMMER HEAD AND WINDOW WEIGHT AND WHAT LOOKS TO BE A KENTUCKY AXE HEAD

OP
OP
chriskellyco

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you very much!

OP
OP
chriskellyco

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds...and interestingly I found an identical hammer head in a remote canyon here in AZ while on the search for a Indian Wars battle sight.
I found one oxen shoe in the same area, and just assumed it was a shoeing hammer, type used by farriers...both items were very out of place for this location.

I sure love the dry desert...things 140 years old come out of the ground like new, except for discoloration.....I would hate to have to do the cleaning/preserving you guys put up with!

Definitely an odd place for a cobblers hammer! lol I found mine and the axe head in what is essentially a 100 year old trash dump lol Lots of junk to filter through but we've been pulling up awesome finds every time we go there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread