Civil War sites: Reidsville, Rockingham County, North Carolina

Louis XVI

Jul 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I am doing some research on Reidsville North Carolina, Rockingham County, around RT 29 and I am really interested to see if there might be any Civil War relics there. There is also a few creeks that lead into the Haw river. What resources do you recommend to find out about the land, in order to investigate Civil War sites like: trails, bridges, camps etc ? I walked through the woods I noticed a lot of recent trash piles scattered everywhere. Also the land is very dense with vegetation. Also I think there are some open farm fields there. What kind of equipment do you recommend to take? Any tips, would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you very much.

Kindest Regards,

Louis XVI

tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would recommend lots of reading to find the movements, camps, bridges used, etc.. The best place to start would be The War of The Rebellion books Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. It will require tons of reading and research. Find the volume that relates to your area and start reading. There are several hundreds of pages so be prepared to put your time in researching. There is an old man that turned me on to these books about 3 months ago and I'm still trying to find my first camp, so its not easy but eventually it will pay off!! Digging in thick vegetation is super hard so I would recommend doing that in the winter time when there is no foliage! Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread