OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm swinging upside down in a tree, screaming yahoo, in anticipation.

(OK, maybe not, but I'll probably watch it grudgingly, and mute the TV after each find).

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha.. Yeah I don't get a kick out of much stuff on television I find myself watching the things like Dual Survival yukon gold Deadliest Catch that kind of thing.. When I'm not watching Florida fishing or surfing.. I really like the show diggers actually it got better as time went on they were figuring it out as they went along they were told to act out a lot by the producers... I'm sure they felt pretty goofy also.
It's become a little bit more about the feedback they got from the people actually watching than the goofy ideas the producers had to start with

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will set the DVR since I'm usually snoozing by 10 pm. Compared to all the reality shows that seem to be all that's on anymore, Diggers will be a welcomed change but the wife hates when I watch it!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah DVRs are good for late hours and the wife

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope they haven't filmed the final episode of the season yet.

There is still time to get me to come on as a guest digger...

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might actually be a really great idea for the show

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to watch it just because many of the places they hunt are totally off limits to any of us regular Joe's to hunt! I think we all dream of being allowed to hunt such places.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha.. Yeah I don't get a kick out of much stuff on television I find myself watching the things like Dual Survival yukon gold Deadliest Catch that kind of thing.. When I'm not watching Florida fishing or surfing.. I really like the show diggers actually it got better as time went on they were figuring it out as they went along they were told to act out a lot by the producers... I'm sure they felt pretty goofy also.
It's become a little bit more about the feedback they got from the people actually watching than the goofy ideas the producers had to start with

Jeez, that's nearly my exact list of shows that I follow, well I check out The Walking Dead and Vikings also. I haven't seen the Diggers guys for a while, glad to here that they are back with new shows. There certainly have been much worse detecting shows out there........ BARF Baby !...comes to mind.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still sick that Mad Men is over, forever! Lol great show

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I never hear "roundness in the hole" again, it is just fine by me!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I like to watch it just because many of the places they hunt are totally off limits to any of us regular Joe's to hunt! I think we all dream of being allowed to hunt such places.

This is the main reason why I watch. Their antics can be over-the-top, but they have to liven up the show for TV audiences. The only thing that annoys me is their "Diggers Dictionary". Roundness in the hole, Cologne, Civ, Juice, Nectar, etc. I've never spoke this dialect nor have I heard anyone else use such terms. It frankly is ridiculous how they continuously throw about the terms.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was very nice the way they kept mentioning how good it was for archaeologists to have a good relationship with metal detectorists and others who have a passion for history.. Actually having an archaeologist say that while doing an archaeological study in Virginia.
I'm sure that made some older school purists squirm.. But personally speaking I would imagine people who specialize in history should be able to look at it and know stopping it is not an option finding the best route is always the way to go.. Like it or not

Last edited:

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also thought it was great that they emphasized the importance of having "detectorists" working with archaeologists to uncover hidden truths of history. The battle between the two sides is annoying, and I personally know archaeologists who use metal detectors in their work. If we can work together the history is more likely to come to life.

As for those who dislike the "Diggers Dictionary" or think it's put on by NatGeo to increase views...There's probably validity in that assessment. However, Tim and George were using this same "dictionary" in their personal video series Extreme Metal Detecting prior to being picked up by NatGeo. Their excitement over every great find they made in Montana and surrounding areas, is likely what led to their discovery, and them being chosen for the series. I say, hate all you want on their dialect, but given the opportunity yourself, and having created that language, you'd be just as happy to be in their shoes as they probably are.

I enjoy the series, and hope to hunt with them some day.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll admit to being excited about this! I also heard a new show is cited to start late August on The Discovery Channel called Rebel Gold. I met one of the people who is going to be on it at the Richmond Show. He dug 8 U.S. plates in the same hole!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff.
I love watching these guys and don't give a damn about anyone who doesn't honestly

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious as to why they were hunting in standard mode, maybe I should give it a spin...nah, I like pro mode.

Also thought they would be rocking the Garrett Carrot with the new season, I know dealers here on Tnet that can hook them up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread