Good detector for beginning relic hunter

Kyler

Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I just bought 5 acres north of Keedysville, MD not far from Antietam. She talks endlessly about relics, etc and wants to search the property. What would be a good machine in the $2-300 ranger for a beginner? I'm getting very confused reading about the different machines and most seem focused on coins. I've been looking at the Teknetics Eurotek Pro.

Is there anyone here living near Keedysville that could give her some instruction?

Ken

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Eurotek Pro is a good detector from what I have read and seen videos of. Sounds like you are willing to dig everything, so any beep and dig detector will work. Just make sure it has optional coils. Huge coils (15") for large areas with low target infestation, small sniper coil ( 4" or 5") for trashy areas if you get tired of digging nails. Some people prefer concentric coils, but I prefer the DD variety. I normally hunt with the stock 11" DD coil. The classic T2 is great for relic hunting and the price dropped from over $800 to just $499. That would be my choice for relic hunting. It has a larger iron scale. it's iron scale on the VDI is 1 thru 40 where most detectors the range is 1-19. JMHO GL& HH

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Classic T2 is a steal at the Minimum Advertised Price of $499 - and any of the forum sponsor dealers would be happy to offer you an even more attractive price on one.

OP
OP
K

Kyler

Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eurotek Pro is a good detector from what I have read and seen videos of.

thanks - it is always good to get an opinion from someone who knows more than me!

The Classic T2 is a steal at the Minimum Advertised Price of $499 - and any of the forum sponsor dealers would be happy to offer you an even more attractive price on one.

Unless they will come down another 50%, I'll stick with the Eurotek Pro.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eurotek pro with 11" Biaxial coil (better in mineralized soil) or the T2 classic are the best bang for the buck right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread