Ever wonder when You find an old Swastika in the U.S. ? Welcome to Nazi Camp, USA

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have permission for some property that was part of Camp Siegfried. I only went once due to hunting season going on.
Didn't manage anything from the Bund era (War Nickel, Half Reale).
Hunting season still isn't over and the ground will probably freeze soon but spring is creeping up and I'm determined to find something.

Awesome & Good Luck !
keep us updated :thumbsup:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was the Japanese Who Sent Balloons to the West coast with Bombs attached.
Supposedly many of those Bombs are still laying in the North West Territories and Supposedly still
dangerous. but only Known fatalities was a Family (Wife & Kids)
View attachment 1262162

https://www.google.com/search?q=+Ja...+coast+with+Bombs+attached.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The US worked on a bat housing device, that would be parachuted from a plane, the bats had incendiary devices with timers.

The device would open up at a certain altitude releasing the bats over a village, the bats would roost under the eaves of buildings, and the town would burn.

I don't think it was ever deployed. Imagine how the animal rights people would take that today.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US worked on a bat housing device, that would be parachuted from a plane, the bats had incendiary devices with timers.

The device would open up at a certain altitude releasing the bats over a village, the bats would roost under the eaves of buildings, and the town would burn.

I don't think it was ever deployed. Imagine how the animal rights people would take that today.

yea especially bats :laughing7: they get all bent out of shape over bats and bees these days :laughing7:

bryansb

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in New Jersey and I am VERY interested in hunting these sites. One of my main interests that got me into metal detecting was WWII. I plan to travel to Europe and hunt on the Eastern and Western fronts to look for Nazi relics one day soon. Is there anyone interested in exploring and hunting any and or all of these former German-American Bund sites in New Jersey with me?

bryansb

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only wish I could find a former Camp Close to me :laughing7:

I have two of them within an hour or so from me in NJ. Weather permitting I am going to do some hunting at what was Camp Nordland tomorrow, 4/3/16.

bryansb

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made it out to Camp Nordland today!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459731106.010777.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459731135.363766.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459731198.006697.jpg
I don't think any (or many) people have hunted there at all yet...

I found A LOT of (yet to be identified) stuff. It's over 200 acres and got hits EVERYWHERE... LOL

I'll be going back MANY more times... Anyone else up for it?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bryansb

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever wonder when You find an old Swastika in the U.S. ? Welcome to Nazi Camp,...

I found an "old swastika"!!!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460765472.194226.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460765486.978855.jpg

I'll take another pic with a penny next to it... These are tiny.

I can't wait to get back up there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

sms28

Jan 16, 2012
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
they may not have all been Good Luck Charms, Or war souvenirs.

I heard about this for the First time Last night on episode 1 of a New NatGeo show called
Strange Truth.

Apparently it was all OK till Hitler invaded Poland.

looks like it may be a good show to learn some hidden History
and little known Relic Hunting Sites.

View attachment 1261870
There Were American Nazi Summer Camps Across the US in the 1930s

These summer camps, organised by a grassroots organisation called the Deutsche-Amerikanische Berufsgemeinschaft, or German American Bund (“bund” meaning “alliance” in German), were established in the US during the latter half of the 1930s.
By the time they were shut down at the onset of the Second World War, some 16 of these camps and family retreats had emerged, including Camp Siegfried in Yaphank, New York, Camp Hindenburg in Grafton, Wisconsin, Camp Nordland in Andover, New Jersey, the Deutschhorst Country Club in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, Camp Bergwald in Bloomingdale, New Jersey, and Camp Sutter near Los Angeles.

View attachment 1261866

View attachment 1261868

There Were American Nazi Summer Camps Across the US in the 1930s

https://hsp.org/blogs/fondly-pennsy...thizers-in-philadelphia-before-the-war-part-2

https://www.google.com/search?q=American+Nazi+Summer+Camps+Across+the+US+ in+the+1930s&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjq0LHkg7PKAhVLPD4KHVrPAsEQ_AUICCgC&biw=819&bih=482

To the unsuspecting observer, the 25-minute silent, grainy black and white video from the vaults of the U.S. National Archives seems to showcase a quaint, carefree summer camp for boys in 1937.
Healthy, happy, high-energy guys — against the bucolic backdrop of the Catskill Mountains in eastern New York — pitch tents, get muddy, play checkers, shoot rifles, box and wrestle one another, raise a Nazi swastika flag ...

I know This is a somewhat old topic but I came across it I I have found a small swastika pin at an old building site befor and it has always confused me! I also found a stone mason pin and a general service button at the same site!
IMG_0328.JPG

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
briansb, where in NJ? im along the PA border 40 miles north of philly

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans the Japanese did not attack an American state

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions