signal reading on AT PRO

Feb 18, 2016
Lebanon Missouri
Detector(s) used
Had a White's coinmaster pro in the 80's for about 5 years. I lived in western and central Maryland then. I just bought a new Garrett AT PRO in Nov. have had it out like 3 or 4 times. I now live in Le
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just learning to use my Garrett AT PRO ...i'm not sure if readings are about the same on most machines. Anyway could someone maybe with a AT PRO tell when hunting relics....roughly what number I should see like for a 2 or 3 ringer CW bullet. With the white detector I use to hunt with years ago I think it was around 45 maybe. lol...but I'm old and my memory don't work so good any more.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each brand detector can read differently depending how it was made, depth of target, orientation, etc.

detectingdude

Greenie
Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly you will see the .58 miné balls in the 60-70 range, but there are always exceptions. .69 calibers will read higher, and pistol balls will read lower. But if you dig everything you're bound to find one!

HH
James

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mostly you will see the .58 miné balls in the 60-70 range, but there are always exceptions. .69 calibers will read higher, and pistol balls will read lower. But if you dig everything you're bound to find one!

HH
James

Enfields ring in at about 67 and dectingdude is right on. If it sounds good, Dig it..

Pull up AT Pro on YouTube

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zero discrim and one bar below wide open on sens. and dig everything above 40 ive found alot of relics hunting that way. note I changed my coil for a nel tornado and it made my machine way better! cant help with the bullets only found musket balls where I hunt and they read from the 40s up to the higher 70s just depends on size and material used to make them good luck with your machine one more VERY important tip if you get a pop in the head phones or very faint signal with no vdi DIG IT! the pro will do this on very deep targets sometimes. you will know the pop sound im talking about when you hear it and you will dig some iron but the pay off will come.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread