Cellar Holes???

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cellars with dirt floors were a major location to bury the cache as people didn't want anyone to see them digging. These sites are usually covered with trash as perhaps the house burned down or otherwise collapsed. Junk of the day was thrown in the pit and left. It is a great place to locate relics or coins. You just have to put up with what was once trash.

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
hello Greenie , I'm not that far away and that's all i hunt is old cellar holes and foundations and its true that some areas are covered by junk and trash of people dumping stuff in or near the hole in the past . and you can find relics and coins in the hole as well as around them it takes some patients and experience to see the sometimes very subtle signs of things ( like pathways out buildings ect. ) don't get discouraged the more you work these areas the better you get at it and you'll see your finding more and better interesting relics , what type of detector do you use ?

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Right now I have a Fisher ID Excel. I am looking at the minelab x-terra 70 or White's M6. What do you use leddel?

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
for the last few years i've been using a whites dfx and before that an xlt . the fisher is a good detector as well as the mine lab, how long have you been using the fisher ? does it have a display or just sound tones only .

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
The Fisher has a display of numbers and have been using it for a couple years. I am not out there all of the time though. I have considered something on the lines of the Whites DFX, but I don't feel I get out there enough right now to really learn it. So thats why I am considering a M6 or Minelab x-terra 70, which appear to be two good machines.

basementhunter

Greenie
Jul 22, 2007
where are you guy from maine? or out of state? I dig cellar holes and am goinf to start metal the inside next week any cles on were to look? I found what look and use to be a fire place.

piddler

Greenie
Mar 20, 2008
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Hi,
Keep cleaning out the junk...eventually you will get to the good stuff. The junk metal will most of the time have a stronger signal than the good stuff. Keep looking, you will find something good!
piddler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread