theoldhistory

Dec 16, 2016
Caswell co. State of Franklin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101(RIP)
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i dont know the policy here for uploading youtube videos so ill just post my youtube channel instead ( ive spent 30 minuets trying to find a section for youtube videos or a history buff section.. anyway on this channel i go around to some of the places of historical or archaeological importance, in the future i may visit other states or far away places but for now my area is limited to east tennessee. feel free to use these for whatever you like I.E. metal detecting, teaching a class, using it on a project whatever. just make sure you give me credit. anyway for my people in the south you all may know some of the places i cover like the riggs home in morristown. the coffman home in russellville or even pressman's home in rogersville. im not promoting my channel, im posting this for historical research purposes for anyone that needs it please remove this if it isnt allowedhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtJ0iY3t46d4Pd2fS8kmW3Q/featured

OP
OP
theoldhistory

theoldhistory

Dec 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. of course you're promoting your channel. That's why you want to make sure you get credit for it. I'll check it out though since I'm local. Thanks
im really not... i just dont want someone else claiming responsibility for my research... thats all. or even just let me know your using it really. anyway yea the old morristown college if you have heard of it is being torn down. it was the site of slave trading.. one of the first all black colleges in the state and there was a union calvary camp on the property
i really enjoy doing these videos. i like to raise awarness for the decaying state of some of them you know. incase somebody doesnt get to see them there will be a video out there paying homeage to the history that took place there like to pressmans home or the morristown college, before it was announced that it was gonna be torn down. and the riggs home. in roe junction which was an improvised civil war hospitol built in 1823 was a funeral home and a stage coach inn, and a stop along the underground railroad. it lays rotting into nothing as it has been vacant since the 80s.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised the locals have not restored it. It is obviously on private lands. There was a battle in EVERY county in Tn.Some towns lost evey male that went to war.

OP
OP
theoldhistory

theoldhistory

Dec 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive recently gotten contact with the owner of the riggs home. cr. 1822. things that can be confirmed in the house are a 100+ year old piano that has been turned upside down by sh!tty people, a painting of the home in the late 1800s as a funeral home and a blood stain on the second floor of the home from a confederate soldier that bled out anyway he said for obvious reasons he doesnt want anyone there but said when he gets a chance to go up there he will call and show me the inside of the home and i can search all i want as long as he is there... there is also a creek (sulpher springs) that runs directly behind the home

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a true tragedy, that war. Some folks don't understand that when these regiments were formed and marched off to the war, these weren't simply regiments of soldiers, but were regiments of manhood from towns and communities. As said, if some of these regiments were obliterated in battle, sometimes entire townships of men and young men were lost. So many broken hearted Mothers and Fathers from both sides of that war. I always thought of this tragedy in this way. There were over 620,000 American lives lost in this war. For every single life that was lost, how many lives were affected such as family members, close friends, sweethearts. It would be hard to truly imagine what those people had to live through and endure during the war years.....and even for years Long after that war ended.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread