Snake Buckle

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
Last year I found the loop and ring part of a snake buckle. I had never found any part of a snake buckle and I wanted the rest of it. My nephew, Barry Hocutt and I waited until the end of deer hunting season before going back to Mississippi. We don't go in the woods when hunters are there. I've had too many guns pointed at me over the last 44 years that Barry and I have hunted together. So Saturday we went back to where my part came from. I searched hard all day but found nothing good, mostly just wagon parts and a few buckshot. About 3 o'clock I saw Barry wandering around on top of the hill looking for me. I knew he had found something. He found the rest of the buckle, the good part. He found it about 200 feet from where my part came from. I'll have to make him trade me something for my part and the buckle will be complete again. Sunday Barry and I went back in the woods and searched all day for many miles looking for the main camp with very little luck. We have been looking for the main camp for at least ten years. I was way back in the woods and looked at my gps to see where we had parked. I was less than a half mile away and started back the way I thought was back. After a half hour or so I checked the gps again. I was then .66 miles away so I changed batteries in my lying gps because I'm just like Daniel Boone in the woods. I kept going on for another hour or two but I was still about .65 miles away. I was getting really tired of climbing those hills. I finally held the gps in my hand while walking and managed to start closing the gap. I was tired enough now that I would stop and rest every few hundred feet. My eyes would always be looking for the next fallen log I could rest on. When in woods like these with all the hills,ditches, vines and logs I always wonder if they will find me if I break a leg or have a heart attack. When I finally found the road I called Barry and he drove and picked me up. A good part of the problems I was having was because I didn't mark on the gps where we had parked when I started out. I picked a spot later on that I thought was where we parked but it was a half mile wrong. Anyway I'm just like Daniel Boone. When someone once asked him if he had ever been lost, he said, never. He said that once he had wandered aimlessly for three days but he had never been lost.
Steve Phillips

Attachments

• IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    751.9 KB · Views: 117

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find on the Snake Buckle part that now Completes this buckle once again. Congrat's to both yourself and your nephew. Great save.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job Guy's .
Wish I had a Patch of CW Woods that big to hunt in.
Glad u found your way home.

OP
OP
S

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
We live near Birmingham so we are centrally located. We can drive in any direction 100 to 300 miles to get to a war location. I have always wished I lived where the war was.

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool to see you guys found both parts! Good team work and Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread