Minelab GP3500 advice needed

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this unit a couple months ago to use when I head south to relic hunt. I have many years detecting experience but absolutely none on a PI Machine. Need some tips on what controls do what and what settings affect performance. I have come to find the button on the handle is not a pin point but has something to do with ground balance. I have buried some good targets (buttons, bullets and brass as well as some junk targets like nails and scrap iron but they all sound the same to me.
My unit is set up with the rechargeable battery and I also purchased the Docs Gold screamer signal enhancer on the advice of a friend. Any and all tips are appreciated as are any links to videos I may find helpful. I am leaving for Culpeper next week so would like to at least get a loose grasp on to operate this unit.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's to you Choppadude on your new Minelab. I know Terry will steer you straight. Also, Best of Luck to you on your relic hunting trip to Ole' Virginni'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions