relic hunting with water machines?

ewtaylor

Mar 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow diggers,

Been detecting for a looong time now but never much into water hunting. With work the way it is I seldom have time to relic hunt anymore. I have a F2 I use for quick checks on demolished house sites and now dry sand beaches. It seems we are spending our vacations on or near a beach nowadays and I've been thinking of getting rid of my Nautilus closet dweller and buying a water machine.

My question for you seasoned pros is, what, if any, water detectors are good for relic hunting?

ew taylor

OP
OP
E

ewtaylor

Mar 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I did my own research and it looks like a PI detector is my answer. I guess we can disregard this post.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any water machine can be used for dry land, the question is at what level of comfort. My first detector was a Fisher1280X Aquanaut. Control box weight wise it was meant to be an under water machine, but you have the option to slide the box off the handle and onto a belt clip for dry land to avoid the huge load on your elbow and forearm. Hell, I was mess in the woods because rather than having one cord from the headphones to get tangled in the brush I had a second one which ran to my waist. Still got some really nice finds, one of which is the button in my avatar. I have never used a PI so I cannot advise.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my mxsport because its rocks it all. land water and salt

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A PI machine does not have discrimination. I would not advise that for relic hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions