Having recently retired, I have now started detecting. Revolutionary and Civil War...

Randyatgunclub

Greenie
Mar 23, 2017
LowCountry of SC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/Pin-pointer
Garrett AT Pro and
Bounty Hunter Camo
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being new to TreasureNet, I do have some things to show and I am wandering if anyone knows what some of these items would have looked like in original condition(especially the British 50th Regiment of foot plate and backing plate that I believe held it. Other items needing ID'ed is toy gun among others.
Wish to thank you in advance for any info provided.

Randy

Please Look in my earlier post as pictures wouldn't attach.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1427.JPG
    IMG_1427.JPG
    811.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    406.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Randy, Congrat's to you on your retirement. Now you will have more time to hunt those Rev War and War of Northern Agression Rellics. Best of luck to you.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasure Net.

You have a good detector and and already recovering some good relics. Way to go!

Post one item at a time over on "What Is It" section. You will have many experienced people let you know very enlightening information.

Enjoy the MD Hobby with your Retirement. I'm in your position, and really like the hobby, although do not have any comparison to the nice finds you already have. But I'm learning my instrument and researching where good recoveries may exist.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like the bullet is a Gardner which is a confederate civil war bullet; hard to tell with the dirt if it is a drop or fired. Don't clean the white patina off of it though. It appears you also have a cannon ball. If you post it in the "what is it" forum with an accurate weight and diameter then CannonballGuy can advise whether it is a solid shot or explosive loaded.

Oh and welcome aboard from one LowcountrySC retiree to another.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. Fine looking Union Navy buckle. But you lost me on the British Reg of foot item
Read your other post now I'm with ya. Great finds. You'll work harder now digging in the LC but looks like you have a nice helper

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions