Chantilly Bayonet (As Promised)

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a cellar hole that sat on top of the hill where 50 and the Fair Oaks Parkway met. This spot was littered with trash but if I went in there with my 5900 in SAT mode I could usually find some brash and lead. The iron was just sick in a good 1/4 acre around the house. You know when you get that wierd feeling to dig, even though its iron.

Well I got one. just an inch or two in the dirt. I almost passed out when I found it. I was simply amazed at the luck of just deciding to dig one of a million big iron signals....

Down closer to the road I dug around 15 dropped gardners and a few round balls. The old timers told me it used to a great spot back in the day, Missisippi's and Louisiana's coming out of here.

Enjoy

Lots more relics and lots more stories if you all don't mind...let me know. I have one heck of a plate story...my only buckle actually!

Attachments

• chby.JPG
    chby.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 405
  • chgar.JPG
    chgar.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 406

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
This is an awesome find!!!! Great work. I drive down route 50 everyday to work, but don't go as far as that. I've never found a bayonet. I'd love to.

Congrats archmjr. Best find I have seen in awhile.

AU79

Apr 24, 2004
From what i understand there was a very large Union encampment in Centerville. I used to live in Centerville in a apartment complex called Summer Pond, right next door there were some nice big open fields but I never got a chance to detect them. It?s probably a shopping mall now :-\

R

rvbvetter

Great find!! Most definitly keep posting. I'd really like to see the plate. WTG! HH

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Sweet find, have you found anything else recently there??? Do you know if it is worth hunting around Plesant Valley Rd. in Chantilly? Good luck!!!
Pepperpump ;)

OP
OP
archmjr

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I moved away from that area a long time ago. There is quite a bit along PVR. You have to go slow and look for pockets that may not have been hit yet. Good Luck.

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread