Relic Site

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Check out this old stuff I found way out in the woods while hunting, the wagon is complete from front to back. It rotted completely undisturbed and the entire thing can be seen. I should have taken a few more pictures! I didn't have a metal detector with me at the time but it doesn't look like you would need one for a while, stuff laying all over the surface. This barn and wagon are in the middle of a huge chunk of woods with some trees in the 10-12" diameter range. The owner of the property said when he was young, not sure what age that means, the barn was sitting in the middle of a field. The land owner is currently 94 and was born on this land.

Attachments

• jason1.jpg
    jason1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 461
  • jason2.jpg
    jason2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 456

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I looked at the fist pic of the barn, and thought , I know they use to build them well back in the old days, but why in the workd did they use such big timbers on such a short building?... ;D
Looks like a great spot...

R

rvbvetter

Looks like relic heaven. Maybe some good coins too. Keep us posted. Would like to hear what you find. HH

S

SASQUASH

Now that is a site to spend some time on. I miss the old farm sits back east. Look for where a out house was there will be some good stuff in there ;D. SASQUASH<><

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow...it reminds me of a place I detected on the Rapidan river in VA. We found lots of stuff like this. There were tons of rifle pits but we didn't find much in them. I am guessing they had all be searched pretty hard before we got there. Great finds...I jealous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions