Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Farm relics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    4329 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kollint4 View Post
    I’ve heard you can soak it in Coca Cola for about 24 hours to get rust off
    Yea I heard that also , & I DRINK THAT STUFF!
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    4329 times
    Well at-least yr getting the trash up, got to be some good Brass , Copper , Silver targets there, Plenty of history it seems .

Not sure but I like the Challenge 'Spark Plug =1976-1980.

Hope all's well , with y'all the machine , & life in general.
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Ahhh nice Relics & ' pin-pointer' .
    Huh! I didn't realize I answered your question. Yes, I have one of those. LOL
    Also, that battery trick worked.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    I didn't know you could use that on relics. I know it cleans a lot of stuff. You can also use it in your beef or pork roast. Makes it very tender. Just imagine what it's doing to your innards! Took along time to break that addiction, but I rarely drink pop anymore because of that and the sugar.

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    Still digging the old barn section where I found the 1854 dime. Lots of trash, but some things I can use for decoration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	1508697

Name:	IMG_0046.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	1508698

Name:	IMG_0047.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	1508699

Name:	IMG_0048.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	1508700

Name:	IMG_0049.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	1508701

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    4622 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Very nice artifacts Wrightdigger. Thanks for the great photos!
    Wrightdigger likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Jun 2013
    Hudson Valley, NY
    White's M6 AT Pro Garrett GTA350 White's F2
    198 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane508 View Post
    I found this today at an old abandoned field, which I'm assuming was once a farm.

Pulling nails from horseshoes or fence posts. or both.
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    “As I slowly grow wise I briskly grow cautious.”
    ― Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    I've had a little bit of spring like weather here. I went out last Wednesday morning with the AT Max . I cleaned up a bunch of trash in an hour and a half. This was all in the same area that I hunted last year with my delta 4000. I love the little skillet! It was on the surface and I missed it last year!

Name:	IMG_1859.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	1559466

Name:	IMG_1860.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	1559468

Name:	IMG_1864.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	1559470

Name:	IMG_1863.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	1559471
    G.A.P.metal likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    Over the weekend in mid February, my husband and I went to visit his father in western Kentucky. He has a farm and I took my AT MAX. Well it rained all day Saturday and was very cold. So I had to make the hunt short and sweet on Sunday. My husband drove us on the four wheeler back to where there was an old home site. Boy was it muddy! This was only my third time out with the max and I'm fairly new at detecting, so I can't even really say what settings I had going on. I just turned it on and we dug every signal. We inspected everything we found at first. It soon became apparent we had a trash site. Not an old trash site either. We're guessing maybe the 70's. So, I could tell hubby was getting impatient and thinking about the long ride home. I turned my sensitivity way down and I would get a signal, he would dig, I would find, he would throw it in the four wheeler. No inspecting. I finally, quit and we drove up to the house and started rinsing the mud off. All the sudden my husband says, " You're not going to believe what you found!" It was an old pocket knife. I had explained to my husband that all the finds were to be given to his dad. He informed me that his dad probably won't want them, except for the pocket knife. He collects pocket knives. So, we took them in and showed him all but the knife. He seemed genuinely interested. He's been thinking about metal detecting for a while. I offered the finds and he told me I could have them . Then, I accepted and thanked him (LOL) , but I told him this last one he had to keep and clean. I then pulled out the knife. His face lit up! He was amazed . So, I didn't find much, but it was enough to encourage him to get a metal detector. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Name:	IMG_1831.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1559474

Name:	IMG_1835.JPG 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	1559475

Name:	IMG_1837.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	1559476

Name:	IMG_1836.JPG 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	1559477

Name:	IMG_1833.JPG 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	1559478

Name:	IMG_1834.JPG 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	1559479

us
    Joe

Feb 2018
    MA
    Bounty Hunter
    14 times
    I collect pocket knives as well. I think I have one like that, though not as crusty . Cool find!!
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Down_n_Dirty65 View Post
    I collect pocket knives as well. I think I have one like that, though not as crusty . Cool find!!
    Well, thank you and welcome to the site, Down_n_Dirty65!

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    4440 times
    Relic Hunting
    NICE FINDS
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    4855 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Cute little kids play frying pan !
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links