Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this today at an old abandoned field, which I'm assuming was once a farm.

6PN1ecE_d.jpg

Pulling nails from horseshoes or fence posts. or both.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had a little bit of spring like weather here. I went out last Wednesday morning with the AT Max . I cleaned up a bunch of trash in an hour and a half. This was all in the same area that I hunted last year with my delta 4000. I love the little skillet! It was on the surface and I missed it last year!

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1863.JPG

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the weekend in mid February, my husband and I went to visit his father in western Kentucky. He has a farm and I took my AT MAX. Well it rained all day Saturday and was very cold. So I had to make the hunt short and sweet on Sunday. My husband drove us on the four wheeler back to where there was an old home site. Boy was it muddy! This was only my third time out with the max and I'm fairly new at detecting, so I can't even really say what settings I had going on. I just turned it on and we dug every signal. We inspected everything we found at first. It soon became apparent we had a trash site. Not an old trash site either. We're guessing maybe the 70's. So, I could tell hubby was getting impatient and thinking about the long ride home. I turned my sensitivity way down and I would get a signal, he would dig, I would find, he would throw it in the four wheeler. No inspecting. I finally, quit and we drove up to the house and started rinsing the mud off. All the sudden my husband says, " You're not going to believe what you found!" It was an old pocket knife. I had explained to my husband that all the finds were to be given to his dad. He informed me that his dad probably won't want them, except for the pocket knife. He collects pocket knives. So, we took them in and showed him all but the knife. He seemed genuinely interested. He's been thinking about metal detecting for a while. I offered the finds and he told me I could have them . Then, I accepted and thanked him (LOL) , but I told him this last one he had to keep and clean. I then pulled out the knife. His face lit up! He was amazed . So, I didn't find much, but it was enough to encourage him to get a metal detector. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

Down_n_Dirty65

Feb 27, 2018
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collect pocket knives as well. I think I have one like that, though not as crusty [emoji16]. Cool find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread