Relics from past 5 months

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Collection2.JPG
    Collection2.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 1,189
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys for the kind comments!!! The yellow kepi was worn by Confederate Cavalry. I have photos of the real deal at home and have some Civil War paintings by Kunstler depicting Confederate Cavalry wearing them. Bought it from the Sutler, as it is a very nice find that you dont find too often. Most Confederate Cavalry kepis were grey with the yellow band/strip around it.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
{Sentinel} said:
Thank you guys for the kind comments!!! The yellow kepi was worn by Confederate Cavalry. I have photos of the real deal at home and have some Civil War paintings by Kunstler depicting Confederate Cavalry wearing them. Bought it from the Sutler, as it is a very nice find that you dont find too often. Most Confederate Cavalry kepis were grey with the yellow band/strip around it.

I learned something today! Thanks for replying to my stupid question.... very cool.

tmpubs

Greenie
May 21, 2006
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's V/sat
WOW. Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I need to retire and get out full time.
I'm jealous!

-Scotty

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
Awesome finds. I was wondering about the hatchet, I have one just like it with us stamped on it. I don't know any history on it. Thanks Ray

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing digs,thanks for sharing .

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and this is really the ultimate of treasure hunting inland in the U.S.

We don't have lots of old coins and jewelery like the UK and those "old countries" but the American Revolution and Civil War era finds rate among the best.

Great post and thanks!

Badger

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hatchet in the display was issued to militia before the Civil War dating back to the 1700s and were issued to soldiers in the 1800s as well. They were great tools to have as one end was used as a axe of coarse, the other a hammer, and then had also a nail puller cut into the bottom of the blade. Mine was found literally in the sideway of a long line of earthwork. Therefore it is pretty safe to say, that it was being used by a soldier who than left it there accidently as the battle began to rage.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Sentinel,

Hey bro.....that is one heck of a lot of stuff! You are a relic hunting god! Keep up the good work!!!!

T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread